First Appearance: Amazing Fantasy #15
When brilliant but shy science student Peter Parker is bitten by a radioactive spider, he discovers that he has gained incredible strength, agility and the ability to cling to walls, much like a spider. After his Uncle Ben is murdered by a burglar, Parker vows to use his new abilities to fight evil. The Amazing Spider-Man is born when Peter Parker dons his new costume and mask and goes about to follow the lesson his Uncle taught him, that with great power there must also come great responsibility.
Real Name: Peter Parker
Occupation: Photographer, Journalist
Weight: 170 lbs.
- Superhuman strength, stamina, speed and agility
- Incredible durability and reflexes
- Ability to cling to most surfaces
- Self-designed web-shooters that shoot webbing
- Spider-Sense, a sixth sense that warns him of danger